Our Verdict – The Best Series 7 Exam Prep Study Materials
The Securities Institute of America (SIA) Prep Course is our recommended choice for Series 7 exam preparation. Developed in partnership with Wiley, it offers flexible pricing options, A+ study materials, and practice exams. With a GreenLight Guarantee for a passing grade and an additional Series 65 exam prep course, SIA provides a comprehensive and reliable solution.
If you’re preparing for the Series 7 Exam, you probably feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of study materials, prep courses, and practice exams. You’ll want to make sure that your hard-earned money is being used wisely to properly prepare you for your future in the financial sector. But finding the best Series 7 study materials isn’t the most stress-free process.
Are you feeling the pressure yet? Well, don’t!
We have researched the best Series 7 Exam study materials and placed them all in one place, listing the pros and cons for each. This makes it easy for you to study and show the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority all the knowledge that you’ve gained in your prep courses.
The Best Series 7 Exam Prep Courses Of November 2023
- Securities Institute of America Prep Course
- Securities Training Corporation Series 7 Courses
- Achievable Test Prep Series 7 Courses
- Kaplan Financial Education
- ExamFX Review Course
- Knopman Marks Series 7 Review
- Pass Perfect Series 7 Course
- Training Consultants Series 7 Exam Prep Course
1. Securities Institute of America Series 7 Exam Prep Course
Responsible for much of Wiley’s educational materials, the Securities Institute of America (SIA) Prep Course offers the exceptional education that you would expect from such a reputable partner. With a wide assortment of price points, it truly is the most flexible option for those who might be wallet-conscious while still providing A+ study materials and practice exams, making it a complete self-study solution. SIA’s prep course is so confident in its product that it offers a GreenLight Guarantee that promises a passing grade if you can pass the GreenLight Exam. SIA also offers one of the best Series 65 exam prep courses if you wish to continue further.
- Many different price points are available for a wide number of budgets.
- Eligibility for a full refund if you don’t pass.
- 600+ page textbook offered at no extra fees.
Securities Institute of America Pros & Cons
- Wiley Partnership: Anyone enrolled in SIA’s program gets access to everything 2 of the top FINRA prep companies have to offer.
- Flexible Package Options: Awesome Package Options: Three unique package options mean Securities Training Corporation has something for everyone. All come with 2,200 practice questions and guarantee exam passing score. Don’t need all the bells and whistles? Skip the complete self-study solution and snag the Series 7 video study package.
- GreenLight Guarantee: No need to worry about the financial risk of this course. Everyone who signs up is guaranteed to pass their exam or receive their money back.
Bottom Line: The Securities Institute of America (SIA) Prep Course stands out as the best Series 7 exam prep provider due to its exceptional education, flexible pricing options, comprehensive study materials, and the GreenLight Guarantee
Securities Institute of America Promo Codes & Discounts
2. Securities Training Corporation Series 7 Courses
Responsible for much of Wiley’s educational materials and exam prep software, the Securities Institute of America (SIA) Prep Course offers the exceptional education that you would expect from such a reputable partner.
With a wide assortment of price points, it truly is the most flexible option for those who might be wallet-conscious while still providing A+ study materials and practice exams, making it a complete self-study solution.
SIA is so confident in its Securities Review courses that it offers a GreenLight Guarantee that promises a passing grade if you can pass the GreenLight Exam. SIA also offers one of the best Series 65 exam prep courses if you wish to continue further.
Securities Training Corporation Features
- Many different bundles to choose from
- Reasonable pricing on prep packages
- Options for live and in-person classes
- PDF Review Book
STC Series 7 Pros & Cons
- “My Scores” Feature: Students can use the “my scores” tool for easy access to their progress through the course. This updates weekly and shows you what areas you need to focus on.
- Awesome Package Options: Three unique package options mean Securities Training Corporation has something for everyone.
- Pricey Packages: The package tiers of materials are some of the most expensive on the market, pricing out some Series 7 studiers.
Bottom Line: STC is a leading exam prep provider, offering clear and affordable options for Series 7 Exam preparation. Their standout feature, “My Scores,” provides a snapshot of test outcomes, and they offer various package options to suit different needs.
Save $348 on Securities Training Corporation CFA Review Courses
Sale – Securities Training Corporation Series 7 Starts at $247
Promo – Securities Training Corporation SIE Premier Plus on Sale at $273
Deal – Securities Training Corporation SIE Digital E-Course Now $120
Get 30% Off Securities Training Corporation All Securities Courses
Securities Training Corporation SIE Premier For Only $131 – Discount
3. Achievable Test Prep Series 7 Course Review
Achievable Test Prep Series 7 Courses is the very employee preparation program that many of the top financial companies use in their own training. From Goldman Sachs to Wells Fargo, their well-trained employees know this program.
Achievable exam prep also offers a pass guarantee— if you don’t become certified after using this course, you will receive a refund in full. They also offer a wealth of sample content and practice exams to try out for free; however, they, unfortunately, do not offer video or audio lectures. Still, we find them to be one of the best providers of Series 7 study materials.
- Free sample content offered
- Pass Guarantee
- Instant access to a free practice exam
Achievable Series 7 Pros & Cons
- Bank Partnerships: Achievable has close partnerships with Goldman Sachs and Wells Fargo. Employees from both banks regularly make use of these study programs.
- Free Content: Anyone can try out some of Achievable’s study materials before deciding to spend any money.
- Limited Lectures: Unfortunately, this course focuses heavily on self-study materials and tends to fall behind when it comes to video lectures.
Bottom Line: Achievable Test Prep Series 7 Courses are trusted by top financial companies, offering a pass guarantee, free sample content, and close partnerships with leading banks.
Achievable Promo Codes & Discounts
4. Kaplan Financial Education Series 7 Exam Prep Review
Kaplan Financial Education is not only a provider of the Series 7 Exam Preparations materials but also provides many other practice tests and study guides— which makes them quite experienced in providing a top-tier preparation experience.
Every bundle option offered includes a License Exam Manual for review, as well as access to a performance tracker and readiness exams to ensure preparedness for the Series 7 Exam. To sweeten the deal, all of Kaplan’s bundles are incredibly affordable, with their most expensive option listed at $300.
Unfortunately, what keeps Kaplan just under the top four is the fact that you must go with the most expensive option in order to access a good majority of offered features for your test date. Their most basic self-study package just doesn’t have all the bells and whistles! They do have practice exams, though. So if a practice exam option is your most coveted feature, Kaplan’s $149 plan might work for you.
Kaplan Financial Education Features
- Incredibly affordable
- Includes License Exam Manual
- Performance tracker and practice exams
Kaplan Series 7 Pros & Cons
- Affordable: Kaplan’s courses are some of the most reasonably priced options out there. This is especially true for their self-study course option.
- Extra Manual: Each course comes with an additional exam study manual. This is a great tool for anyone hoping to reinforce what they’ve learned in each lesson.
- Price Gate: Unfortunately, the more reasonably priced course options tend to lack key features from the higher payment tiers.
Bottom Line: Kaplan Financial Education offers affordable Series 7 Exam preparation courses, including a License Exam Manual, performance tracker, and practice exams. However, some of the lower-priced options may have limited features compared to the higher payment tiers, which is a downside to consider.
5. ExamFX Best Series 7 Prep Course
ExamFX is an accessible option that sits right in the middle. With packages at a reasonable price (all under $250), they offer a comprehensive online platform, as well as the always-appreciated first-time pass guarantee.
Each of their three packages includes the ExamFX interactive user portal for 90 days’ time, which gives you access to their Readiness Exam and a Guarantee Exam before the actual Series 7 to gauge your level of preparedness. They also offer a video study package, which unlocks OnDemand video lectures, practice exams, and online flashcards.
- Comprehensive online platform
- First-time pass guarantee
- Interactive user portal
- OnDemand lectures and practice exams
ExamFX Series 7 Pros & Cons
- Pass Guarantee: Students who complete the ExamFX guarantee exam are able to receive a full course refund if they fail to pass the Series 7 exam.
- Interactive User Portal: Every aspect of this course can be easily and quickly accessed through the well-made course dashboard.
- Not Mobile Friendly: ExamFX’s courses aren’t optimized for mobile yet. This is disappointing for anyone who likes to take their learning on the go.
Bottom Line: ExamFX provides reasonably priced Series 7 Exam preparation packages with a comprehensive online platform and a first-time pass guarantee. However, their courses are not mobile-friendly.
6. Knopman Marks Series 7 Exam Prep Courses Review
If you want a Kaplan-connected premium instruction package, Knopman Marks has you covered. While the bundle options seem to be somewhat lacking and limited, the straightforward exam prep of thousands of practice questions and a big stack of flashcards is what is provided by Knopman, and this model boasts a staggering 99% pass rate among students! That’s almost unheard of.
While their live training has been touted as extraordinary, they are hidden behind a paywall, which keeps them from really shining as bright as they could.
Knopman Marks Features
- 99% Pass rate among students
- Excellent live instruction
- Tried and true preparation style
KnopmanMarks Series 7 Pros & Cons
- Pass Rate: Students who’ve completed this course boast a staggeringly high 99% pass rate on the Series 7 exam.
- Live Teaching: Knopman Marks has an excellent array of live courses, all taught by highly trained securities professionals.
- Limited Features: This course has much less content compared to some of the other providers, such as the Securities Institute of America or STCUSA.
Bottom Line: Knopman Marks offers a straightforward Series 7 Exam prep with a high 99% pass rate, excellent live instruction, but limited features compared to other providers like the Securities Institute of America or STCUSA.
Other Series 7 Best Study Materials (Runner-Ups)
7. Pass Perfect Series 7 Exam Course Review
With extremely customizable bundle options and a curriculum that focuses on exam-included materials, Pass Perfect offers a great learning experience packaged into a fast, simple, easy-to-navigate website. While there are many options to choose from, there are, unfortunately, no live courses included in any of them— which can be disappointing for some users. This system allows you to pick and choose the materials you would like to be included and strain the package of anything you don’t think you would use.
Pass Perfect Features
- Exam-focused curriculum
- Simple Website Layout
- Customizable package bundles
- Pass guarantee or full refund
8. Training Consultants Series 7 Review
Training Consultants Series 7 Exam Prep Course offers four different learning packages with choices of self-paced online formats and live-webinar presentations that keep you on track and in control of your study habits. Want it all? They have an everything, complete self-study solution as well.
While their website might be a bit difficult to navigate, they offer a mobile app that is easy to use, so you can take your study materials with you when you need to. Their exam prep software plans offer practice exams and practice tests, video lectures, and other tools to help you learn Series 7 key concepts.
Unfortunately, some of the frustrations with navigating the site, coupled with a higher-than-normal price point, keep it from really shining on a list with many of our other offerings.
Training Consultants Features
- Multiple learning options
- Four different study solution packages
- Mobile support (phone support and online instructor support)
- Materials are updated in real-time with instant access
Series 7 Exam FAQs
Q: How many questions and how long is the Series 7 exam?
A: There are 125 multiple-choice questions in Series 7 that you must finish within 3 hours and 45 minutes.
Q: How hard is the Series 7?
A: The Series 7 passing rate is roughly 65% and is considered to be one of the toughest FINRA exams. However, anyone from any background can pass as long as they study with one of the best Series 7 exam prep courses.
Q: How long to study for Series 7?
A: If you don’t have a finance background, then you should plan to study for around 150 hours. Otherwise, plan at least 80-100 hours of exam prep time.
Q: Can I pass the Series 7 in a week?
A: While it’s possible for those already experienced in the industry, you should instead plan to study for around 100 hours to pass the Series 7 exam.
Q: What is the minimum passing score for Series 7?
A: You need a passing score of 72% out of the 125 total questions.
Q: What is the difference between the Series 7 and Series 65?
A: As you already know, the Series 7 license is for securities that allow you to be a broker, has no prerequisite but has a co-requisite of the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam. Passing the Series 65 exam makes you a legally registered investment advisor (RIA), requires the same passing rate (72%), does not have a co-requisite, and allows you to become an investment advisor.