When preparing for the Series 7 Exam, you might feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of study materials, prep courses and practice exams. You want to make sure that your hard-earned money is being used wisely to properly prepare you for your future in the financial sector.
The exam itself is no cakewalk, but preparation breeds performance— and finding the right study material for you is the first step in the long journey.
Are you feeling the pressure yet? Well, don’t!
We have researched the best Series 7 Exam study materials and placed them all in one place, listing the pros and cons for each. This makes it easy for you to study up and show the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority all the knowledge that you’ve gained in your prep courses.
The Best Series 7 Exam Prep Courses Of December 2022
- Securities Institute of America Prep Course
- Securities Training Corporation Series 7 Courses
- Achievable Test Prep Series 7 Courses
- ExamFX Review Course
- Kaplan Financial Education
- Knopman Marks Series 7 Review
- NRS Prep Classes
- Pass Perfect Series 7 Course
- Training Consultants Series 7 Exam Prep Course
1. Securities Institute of America Series 7 Exam Prep Course
Responsible for much of Wiley’s educational materials, the Securities Institute of America (SIA) Prep Course offers the exceptional education that you would expect from such a reputable partner. With a wide assortment of price points, it truly is the most flexible option for those who might be wallet-conscious while still providing A+ study materials and practice exams making it a complete self study solution. SIA’s prep course is so confident in its product, that it offers a GreenLight Guarantee that promises a passing grade if you can pass their GreenLight Exam. SIA also offers one of the best Series 65 exam prep courses if you wish to continue further.
- Many different price points are available for a wide number of budgets.
- Eligibility for a full refund if you don’t pass.
- 600+ page textbook offered at no extra fees.
Securities Institute of America Pros & Cons
- Wiley Partnership: Anyone enrolled in SIA’s program gets access to everything 2 of the top FINRA prep companies have to offer.
- Flexible Package Options: Students can easily pick and choose the study materials they like best when deciding on a purchase option.GleenLight Guarantee.
- GreenLight Guarantee: No need to worry about the financial risk of this course. Everyone who signs up is guaranteed to pass their exam or receive their money back.
Securities Institute of America Promo Codes & Discounts
2. Securities Training Corporation Series 7 Courses
Securities Training Corporation is one of the more clear and straightforward options when it comes to Series 7 Exam preparations. There is one thing that sets it apart from the rest, and that’s the “My Scores” feature which allows you to see a snapshot of all your test outcomes in one place. This is a great feature for when you’re trying to find any weak points in your testing game. There are many different options to choose from, but all of them are set at a reasonable price.
Securities Training Corporation Features
- Many different bundles to choose from.
- Reasonable pricing.
- Options for live and in-person classes.
- PDF Review Book.
STC Series 7 Pros & Cons
- “My Scores” Feature: Students can use the “my scores” tool for easy access to their progress through the course. This updates weekly and shows you what areas you need to focus on.
- Package Options: Each course package has something unique to offer that sets it apart from everything else on offer.
- Price Gated Materials: Some of the package tiers don’t provide extra self study materials to supplement what you learn during the course.
3. Achievable Test Prep Series 7 Course Review
Achievable Test Prep Series 7 Courses is the very employee preparation program that many of the top financial companies use in their own training. From Goldman Sachs to Wells Fargo, their well-trained employees know this program. Achievable also offers a pass guarantee— if you don’t become certified after using this course, you will receive a refund in full. They also offer a wealth of sample content to try out for free; however, they unfortunately do not offer video or audio lectures.
- Free sample content offered.
- Pass guarantee.
- Instant access to a free practice exam.
Achievable Series 7 Pros & Cons
- Bank Partnerships: Achievable has close partnerships with Goldman Sachs and Wells Fargo. Employees from both banks regularly make use of these study programs.
- Free Content: Anyone can try out some of Achievable’s study materials before deciding to spend any money.
- Limited Lectures: Unfortunately, this course focuses heavily on self study materials and tends to fall behind when it comes to video lectures.
Achievable Promo Codes & Discounts
4. ExamFX Best Series 7 Prep Course
ExamFX is an accessible option that sits right in the middle. They offer a comprehensive online platform, as well as the always appreciated first-time pass guarantee. Each of their three packages includes the ExamFX interactive user portal for 90 days’ time, which gives you access to their Readiness Exam and a Guarantee Exam before the actual Series 7 to gauge your level of preparedness. They also offer a video study package, which unlocks OnDemand Video Lectures and Online Flashcards.
- Comprehensive online platform.
- First time pass guarantee.
- Interactive user portal.
- OnDemand Lectures
ExamFX Series 7 Pros & Cons
- Pass Guarantee: Students who complete the ExamFX guarantee exam are able to receive a full course refund if they fail to pass the Series 7 exam.
- Interactive User Portal: Every aspect of this course can be easily and quickly accessed through the well made course dashboard.
- Not Mobile Friendly: ExamFX’s courses aren’t optimized for mobile yet. This is disappointing for anyone who likes to take their learning on the go.
5. Kaplan Financial Education Series 7 Exam Prep Review
Kaplan Financial Education is not only a provider of the Series 7 Exam Preparations materials but also provides many other practice tests and study guides— which makes them quite experienced in providing a top-tier preparation experience.
Every bundle option offered includes a License Exam Manual for review, as well as access to a performance tracker and readiness exams to ensure preparedness for the Series 7 Exam. To sweeten the deal, all of Kaplan’s bundles are incredibly affordable, with their most expensive option listed at $300. Unfortunately, what keeps Kaplan just under the top four is the fact that you must go with the most expensive option in order to access a good majority of offered features.
Kaplan Financial Education Features
- Incredibly affordable.
- Includes License Exam Manual.
- Performance tracker and practice exams.
Kaplan Series 7 Pros & Cons
- Affordable: Kaplan’s courses are some of the most reasonably priced options out there.
- Extra Manual: Each course comes with an additional exam study manual. This is a great tool for anyone hoping to reinforce what they’ve learned in each lesson.
- Price Gate: Unfortunately, the more reasonably priced course options tend to lack key features from the higher payment tiers.
6. Knopman Marks Series 7 Exam Prep Courses Review
If you like the old school textbook and study guide model of exam review, Knopman Marks has you covered. While the bundle options seem to be somewhat lacking, the straightforward exam prep of thousands of practice questions and a big stack of flashcards is what is provided by Knopman and this model boasts a staggering 95% pass rate among students. While their live training has been touted as extraordinary, they are hidden behind a paywall, which keeps them from really shining as bright as they could.
Knopman Marks Features
- 95% Pass rate among students.
- Excellent live instruction.
- Tried and true preparation style.
KnopmanMarks Series 7 Pros & Cons
- Pass Rate: Students who’ve completed this course boast a staggeringly high 95% pass rate on the Series 7 exam.
- Live Teaching: Knopman Marks has an excellent array of live courses all taught by highly trained securities professionals.
- Limited Features: This course has much less content compared to some of the other providers, such as the Securities Institute of America or STCUSA.
7. NRS Series 7 Prep Classes
If you’re looking for a focus fire approach to preparation, where the study materials only cover what is on the test, NRS might be the prep course for you. Using a mobile application interface, they make it easy to take the Series 7 Exam with you on the go to make sure that even in your busy times you can buckle down and hit the books. While they only provide one option for Series 7 prep, they do offer a No Pass/No Pay guarantee that ensures you won’t have to pay for that package if you do not pass the exam after using their materials.
- Focuses primarily on the items included in the actual exam.
- No Pass/ No Pay Guarantee
- Mobile App Available.
- Reasonably Priced.
8. Pass Perfect Series 7 Exam Course Review
With extremely customizable bundle options and a curriculum that focuses on exam-included materials, Pass Perfect offers a great learning experience packaged into a fast, simple, easy-to-navigate website. While there are many options to choose from, there are, unfortunately, no live courses included in any of them— which can be disappointing for some users. This system allows for you to pick and choose the materials you would like to be included and strain the package of anything you don’t think you would use.
Pass Perfect Features
- Exam-focused curriculum.
- Simple Website Layout.
- Customizable package bundles.
9. Training Consultants Series 7 Review
Training Consultants Series 7 Exam Prep Course offers multiple learning packages with choices of self-paced online formats and live-webinar presentations that keep you on track and in control of your study habits. While their website might be a bit difficult to navigate, they offer a mobile app that is quite a bit easier to access so you can take your study materials with you when you need to. Unfortunately, some of the frustrations with navigating the site coupled with a higher-than-normal price point keep it from really shining on a list with many of our other offerings.
Training Consultants Features
- Multiple learning options.
- Online format.
- Mobile support.
- Materials updated in real-time
Series 7 Exam FAQs
Q: How many questions and how long is the Series 7 exam?
A: There are 125 multiple choice questions in the Series 7 that you must finish within 3 hours and 45 minutes.
Q: How hard is the Series 7?
A: The Series 7 passing rate is roughly 65% and is considered to be one of the toughest FINRA exams. However, anyone from any background can pass as long as they study with one of the best Series 7 exam prep courses.
Q: How long to study for Series 7?
A: If you don’t have a finance background, then you should plan to study for around 150 hours. Otherwise, plan at least 80-100 hours of exam prep time.
Q: Can I pass the Series 7 in a week?
A: While it’s possible for those already experienced in the industry, you should instead plan to study for around 100 hours to pass the Series 7 exam.
Q: What is the minimum passing score for Series 7?
A: You need a passing score of 72% out of the 125 total questions.
Q: What is the difference between the Series 7 and Series 65?
A: As you already know, the Series 7 license is for securities that allow you to be a broker, has no prerequisite but has a co-requisite of the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam. Passing the Series 65 exam makes you a legal registered investment advisor (RIA), requires the same passing rate (72%), does not have a co-requisite, and allows you to become an investment advisor.